12 random thoughts for discussion:
1. I think this weekend is God's idea of a cruel joke... The temperatures are below zero - like 20 below - so school = cancelled yesterday and today, which results in a 5 day weekend. Okay, fine. But because it is so cold I can't bring the girls anywhere - or don't want to or have been asked by Dave not to, whatever. In addition, it looks BEAUTIFUL outside! The sun is shining. The snow is pristine and is a perfect blanket on our back yard. But its too cold to go out and play. Woofy is doing his best to dehydrate himself so he doesn't have to go potty... What is this?
2. The girls have virtually destroyed the house. If it wasn't in shambles before, it is now. Correction: GEORGIA has destroyed the house.
3. My mouth is killing me - on and off. Something has happened with the gums on my lower right side. If I eat - even if I keep it to the left side - the right side of my mouth starts hurting really badly. So I floss. Flossing relieves the pain eventually. But now my gums are so torn up and tender. Went to the dentist - he said there is no decay, no gum disease. He thinks it is stress and the economy (wacko). This has been going on since Monday.
4. Due to #3 I have officially placed myself on a soft foods/liquid diet. Last night I stocked up on slim fast, yogurt, and beer. That should get me through the weekend. A week from now I will officially weigh less than Nora... I'm not happy about this situation.
5. We were supposed to have free babysitting tonight so we could go out. We got a gift card to Longhorn Steakhouse (is that right?) and were going to use it. Figured it would be easy to get in and out if we went early and because of the weather. However, due to #3, I don't want to waste the giftcard so we're not going out and it doesn't make sense to bring the kids to our friends' who live 30 minutes away just so we can sit home by ourselves and eat Jimmy Johns (or yogurt and beer) and still have to bring them home to put them to bed. No other night this month works for free babysitting and Dave and I haven't been out by ourselves in a really long time.
6. The girls are playing bunny - and for some reason, Nora the bunny has been named Poopy so Ryann is running around the house calling for Poopy. This doesn't make me remotely happy. I hate that word... but I'm afraid that if I call attention to myself they will stop playing and start bugging me.
7. Friday Night Lights comes back on tonight. We are EXTREMELY excited about this! But we don't have a vcr or a dvr so we have to be in front of the tv at 8pm - another glitch in our free babysitting plans.
8. I've started counseling/therapy. While I wasn't thrilled about the way it came about, I'm actually enjoying it. Okay, I'll qualify that: I don't enjoy digging up crap and thinking about it and thinking about dealing with it in depth in the future, however, it is so fantastic to sit on a couch for an hour and talk - about myself - and not be interrupted and not have someone else's agenda subtley interjected into the conversation. EVERY stay at home mom needs to spend an hour a week in counseling.
9. Yesterday I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out what the essential pieces of a winter wardrobe would be. As in, what are the timeless, classic pieces that will not go out of style and can be built around. What are the pieces that you should spend a little extra on to get a higher quality item because it will last and won't go out of style. Right now my list includes: Black ribbed turtle neck sweater, white wrap sweater, colored sweater, good pair of black trousers, good pair of jeans, khakis, black boots and black loafers/shoes (i'm not going in the brown direction right now).
10. I have never been able to find a pair of jeans that fits me correctly. This is extremely frustrating. Apparently mainstream jean manufacturers do not cater to those of us with bigger hips/thighs and small waists. Every time I find a pair of jeans that fits me in the hips/thighs, I end up with a huge gap in the waist (like 2-4 inches). I'm so sick of it and I always feel frumpy because of it. It just sucks to wear something that doesn't fit quite right. I've been told over and over to try Lucky or Seven jeans, but I know those cost more than $100 and I just can't do it right now. Even though I've been told the investment is worth it, I just can't.
11. I'm taking a week off of exercising. Partly due to my gums, partly because my body justneeded a break. During Christmas break I had gotten up to 6 miles at a time, 3-4 times each week. After the new year, though, I've struggled to get to 3 miles. My next door neighbor, who is a runner and a former personal trainer, told me to take a week off. I'm a little worried about my momentum, but I have to say my body is enjoying the break. She wants me to run a half marathon this spring... I'm seriously considering it, but will decide next month after I get back on the treadmill. Its taken several months and a lot of hard work, but I finally feel like I might just be a runner.
12. My favorite beer is out right now: Full Moon by the makers of Blue Moon. Mmmmm. It is so good. I cannot wait to crack one open tonight while watching FNL. I love beer - good beer. I hate college crap beer, but I've gotten into beer in the last year and love it. More than wine. I'm kind of over wine. But beer... Full Moon. Sam Adams. Michelob (thats as cheap as I go). Mmmm. And Bailey's. Why is bailey's so expensive? We just ran out and I don't want to spend $20 on a new bottle. Mmmm. Bailey's;)
Friday, January 16, 2009
12 random thoughts for discussion: